Careers at Southwest Industrial Electric
Join Our Team of Los Angeles Commercial Electricians!
Here at Southwest Industrial Electric, we’re always growing and looking for ways to expand and serve our customers better. Businesses of all different shapes and sizes depend on us for their electrical needs, from general repairs to specialized configurations and services, we’re ready to handle them all. We’re looking for qualified candidates to join our team and help us provide the best commercial electrical services we can to customers all across the Los Angeles area!
Why should you come work at Southwest Industrial Electric? We reward our hard-working and dedicated staff with some of the best perks and incentives you’ll find anywhere! We strongly believe in rewarding high-producing individuals, and that’s why our pay structure includes both hourly and commission pay. We also offer benefits like health insurance plans, IRA retirement plans, and more! As a company, we love to promote a fun and family-like atmosphere as well, which means we love offering games, rewards, and even company parties where we can enjoy ourselves for the hard work we do.
Sound like a great place where you’d love to work? Then we’d love to get to know you! Send your resume for any of the available positions below here and we’ll contact you to set up an interview! Feel free to give us a call at (323) 215-1273 with any questions you may have.
Technical Sales Estimator
- Scopes out projects that customers want quoted.
- Reviews plans or attends site visit to design how the project will be accomplished.
- Develops a scope of work and compiles pricing.
- Delivers the estimate, follows up and sells to the customer.
This person will become very knowledgeable in all aspects of electrical contracting but will also learn how to price projects. They will need to be a fast learner and able to use the computer, excel, word, etc. This position is 40% out in the field and 60% in the office.
- 2-3 years of electrical background preferred
- Basic administrative skills
- Computer proficient
- Microsoft Office knowledge required
- Customer Relation Experience
We are currently looking to expand our in-house warehouse department. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is very skilled at organizing and keeping on top of tasks. The ideal candidate would be someone who is very well organized, can get things done in an efficient manner, and has administrative skills. Someone with tool experience and mechanical abilities is preferred.
Duties would include but not be limited to:
- inventory stock
- warehouse maintenance
- tool maintenance
- facility maintenance as needed
- Ensures the warehouse stays well organized
- Ensuring we have all necessary basic stock material available and easily accessible
- Someone with tools, as well as some mechanical training, is a plus
- Keeps the warehouse clean and organized
- Maintains stock of warehouse
- Handles material returns
- Procures material for jobs from stock
- Handles and oversees the schedules of our electricians
- Coordinates with customers, Production Manager, electricians, and other terminals to smoothly accommodate our customer’s busy schedules
- Great communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment is required
- Great customer service skills, and always willing to go the extra mile to assist customers with their needs and wants
- Must have great duplication and computer skills
- Must be proficient in excel, word, and typing
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Time management skills
Certified General Electricians and Apprentices with ET Cards
Looking to grow your career in the lucrative field of commercial electrical work? Are you a motivated individual looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve your skills? Then our electrician position may be the perfect fit for you! The electrician position is responsible for providing all types of services for customers. Electricians will work directly with our experienced staff to improve, learn, and gain the knowledge they need to advance and grow in their careers. You’ll even have the opportunity for bonuses and additional pay!
This is a full-time position. While no experience is required for this position, experience in construction, mechanical, or in other electrical-based positions is a plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with electricians’ tools
- Must be clean-cut, professional, and capable of representing the company well at all times
- Must be comfortable working with heights
- Must be capable of lifting up to 60 pounds unassisted
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving history
- Must have an ET card if an Apprentice