Careers at Southwest Industrial Electric
Join Our Team of Los Angeles Commercial Electricians!
Here at Southwest Industrial Electric, we’re always growing and looking for ways to expand and serve our customers better. Businesses of all different shapes and sizes depend on us for their electrical needs, from general repairs to specialized configurations and services, we’re ready to handle them all. We’re looking for qualified candidates to join our team and help us provide the best commercial electrical services we can to customers all across the Los Angeles area!
Why should you come work at Southwest Industrial Electric? We reward our hard-working and dedicated staff with some of the best perks and incentives you’ll find anywhere! We strongly believe in rewarding high-producing individuals, and that’s why our pay structure includes both hourly and commission pay. We also offer benefits like health insurance plans, IRA retirement plans, and more! As a company, we love to promote a fun and family-like atmosphere as well, which means we love offering games, rewards, and even company parties where we can enjoy ourselves for the hard work we do.
Sound like a great place where you’d love to work? Then we’d love to get to know you! Send your resume for any of the available positions below here and we’ll contact you to set up an interview! Feel free to give us a call at (323) 215-1273 with any questions you may have.
Certified General Electricians and Apprentices with ET Cards
Looking to grow your career in the lucrative field of commercial electrical work? Are you a motivated individual looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve your skills? Then our electrician position may be the perfect fit for you! The electrician position is responsible for providing all types of services for customers. Electricians will work directly with our experienced staff to improve, learn, and gain the knowledge they need to advance and grow in their career. You’ll even have the opportunity for bonuses and additional pay!
This is a full-time position. While no experience is required for this position, experience in construction, mechanical, or in other electrical-based positions is a plus.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with electricians’ tools
- Must be clean-cut, professional, and capable of representing the company well at all times
- Must be comfortable working with heights
- Must be capable of lifting up to 60 pounds unassisted
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving history
- Must have an ET card if an Apprentice
- Surveying sites and gathering estimate information.
- Taking pictures, drawings simple maps, and working out how we would quote a job.
- Must have good duplication and efficiency.
- Must be good with computers and technology.
- Must know basic/intermediate Excel.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
Production Assistant to the Production Managers
- Assisting with tracking assets
- Tracking tool condition in coordination with our assets dept.
- In charge of tool cleaning
- Assist Production Managers with needed tasks and administrative tracking
- Good duplication
- General knowledge of tools
Executive Assistant to the CEO:
- Run CEO projects and programs
- Errand running, communication tracking and task follow up
- Maintain and coordinate executive calendar
- Very effective organizational skills
- A quick thinker and doer
- Must have fast typing skills
- Must be proficient with computers and programs such as Excel and Word.
- Past exec assistant experience preferred
Our sales representatives are responsible for selling our electrical work and services to both new and current customers. While electrical work is a constant need, selling major services is a big part of our business, and something that our sales representatives will be responsible for. Ideal candidates will have previous experience and demonstrable success in a sales environment, including previous experience working in construction, mechanical, or the electrical industry.
This is a full-time position. Hourly pay plus commission is available.
- Must have previous sales experience
- Must be familiar with electrical systems and various required services
- Must be an outstanding communicator comfortable both over the phone and via email
Auto CAD Assistant
The Auto CAD Assistant is a perfect position for a CAD designer who wants practical, on-the-job experience and training so they can grow their skills and become an expert in their craft. Assistants will work directly with our Auto CAD Engineers and assist them on various large projects, including designing complex circuits or electrical grids. An ideal candidate will have considerable experience with AutoCAD and have knowledge of how electrical equipment works.
- Must have previous experience working with AutoCAD in a professional environment
- Must be capable of receiving instruction and working in a team environment