Los Angeles Electrical Maintenance
Schedule a Service with an Experienced Preventive Maintenance Inspection Experts Today
Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) refers to routine equipment and systems inspections used to avoid problems in equipment. Electrical PMI investigates electrical systems and equipment. Unlike other forms of preventive maintenance, electrical PMI requires specialized knowledge of the electrical industry.
We have 40 years of experience in the commercial electrical business. Today, we are ready to use this knowledge to help you avoid problems with your electrical system and equipment.
What does an electrical PMI include?
- Cleaning: This step is critical but easy to ignore. Routine cleaning during the inspection keeps the system running smoothly. Cleaning is used to remove normal buildup - such as dust and dirt - from circuit breakers, vents, and switch surfaces.
- Visual Inspection: We use visual inspections to identify anomalies in your electrical wiring and system. Our experienced team is trained to identify even the smallest irregularities that could lead to a problem in the future, such as missing brackets or damaged wires.
- Torque: Nuts and bolts gradually loosen with regular use. Weak bolted connections can cause overheating and may damage your electrical equipment. During an inspection, our team will make sure that each bolted connection is up to code.
- Infrared Inspection: We use infrared scanning to locate irregular heat in your electrical system. Overheating is one of the first indications of electrical failure, which is why we take special care to fix abnormal heat before it causes a larger problem.
5 Ways Electrical Maintenance Saves You Money
1. Fewer repairs - Not only will you have fewer repairs, but our Los Angeles electrical maintenance experts will catch small problems before they become big problems which means your repairs will be less severe as well.
2. Longer lifespan of your electrical appliances - Putting off installation and replacement costs is key to spending as little as possible in electrical services. When you get the most out of your units you save big time in the long run.
3. Increased energy efficiency - We'll always make sure to follow all the best practices to ensure that your electrical grid is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible which will save you money off your utility bill each month.
4. Can help you stay under warranty - Always make sure to read the fine print on your warranties, but they often have stipulations about regular electrical maintenance.
5. More predictable costs - If you like to know what you're spending on home services ahead of time to budget for your expenses then contact our Los Angeles electrical maintenance experts today.
Preventive Maintenance Inspection FAQs
You have questions, and we have the answers! Learn more about what preventive maintenance entails, why it's so important, and how our experienced Los Angeles electricians can be of service:
Q. What is a PMI?
A. PMI stands for Preventive Maintenance Inspection or Predictive Maintenance Inspection. We treat these as two different things. Preventive addresses the physical aspect of electrical equipment including visual inspection, cleaning and torquing of connections. Predictive addresses thermal inspection looking for anomalies.
Q. Are connections supposed to be regularly re-torqued?
A. Not really. It is a good idea to check them from time to time but if the connections were originally torqued correctly and then re-torqued some weeks or months later, after being loaded, then they seem to stay torqued.
Q. All of our electrical is inside metal boxes and not visible so why is cleaning even necessary?
A. Dirt and dust still tend to collect on the equipment inside the boxes. This dirt and dust can affect the cooling of the equipment and can directly cause shorts which can damage the equipment. It is not uncommon for a poorly maintained (dirty) switchboard to completely destroy itself because of a collection of dirt and dust. In one case, the damage alone cost some $40,000.00 and this is not to mention the downtime of a large part of the plant.
Q. We have custodial staff, why not have them do the cleaning?
A. Whoa! We are dealing with electrical here, which is not particularly dangerous if you know what you’re doing but if you don’t…
Q. Our maintenance staff use plant air to blow out the electrical equipment. Is that a problem?
A. Some plant air includes lots of contaminants which may be invisible to the naked eye but end up getting into the electrical equipment. We generally avoid using compressed air for just that reason. It is far better to use brushes and vacuums.
Q. Can our maintenance staff be trained to perform electrical preventive maintenance?
A. Yes. There are a lot of firms out there that do such training.
Get Your Free Estimate Today
Work with Southwest Industrial Electric for the high-quality service that your business needs. Preventive maintenance is important; do not entrust the safety of your electrical system to an under-qualified inspector.
Full Service Company
Honest, Fair Pricing
Quality Work Every Time
Free Estimates Available
Available 24/7 For Current Customers
40+ Years of Experience